Monday 5 December 2016

#FriendFavourites ~ Day 2: Jess


Everybody has a list of favourite things.

https://media.tenor.co/images/83bf86d805f3f0b9b46c5be8230ec81f/raw

We tend to use the word favourite a lot - at least, I know I do! Whether I'm fangirling over my 'favourite' characters, books, tv shows, or foods...there is a special VIP status that goes along with the term that's hard to resist.

But what truly makes a favourite special?

For me, it's the unique nature of favourites. They're different for everyone - they reflect diversity and differing opinions. They're an insight into a person's mind, their likes and dislikes, and what makes them them.

The #FriendFavourites tag is about showcasing this unique nature.

These aren't just book recs. These are book portraits - painting a picture of the readers who have grown to love these stories and relate to these characters. Each #FriendFavourites post will look at the why and the who behind each of these incredible books that my fellow bookworms and friends wish to share with you all.

http://s5.favim.com/orig/141022/books-cats-cute-gif-Favim.com-2172577.gif

I'm so excited to not only bring some great books into your lives and onto your shelves but to introduce some wonderful personalities to you. Each of these people holds a special place in my heart and my life :)

So without further ado, let's get started!





Today's book recommendation comes from Jess.

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/3df5a689-219c-425c-8700-58a60b934d36/6aa0fd93-e8c4-4bc4-ab0d-034c70d0a031.gif

Jess is an Aussie fangirl who's emotionally attached to fictional characters from movies, tv shows and books (also J.K Rowling once liked her tweet and we both fangirled so hard!!).

I was super excited when she agreed to be featured on the #FriendFavourites tag and it was so much fun working with her to put together this post. The highlight? Seeing how much Jess connected with the book and how it had impacted her and shaped her reading style.




Booknut: So if you had to pick a favourite book what would it be?

JessI have so many favourite books so it's hard to choose! But one of my all time favourites from high school has to be Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta.



Booknut: That book was definitely one that stands out from my high school years to! It's a really powerful coming of age novel. What about Saving Francesca connected with you?

Jess: Definitely the characters. I loved the way the characters were written and how such a band of misfits became best friends - I can relate to that! Francesca and her three girl friends are all such different people but yet they are thrown together and it just works somehow.

Francesca being from an Italian family also connected with me seeing as I have an Italian heritage. True my family isn't as intense as Francesca's is...but I can definitely relate to it!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3V0j1YokbuoCKxaw/giphy.gif


Booknut: Now I know this is probably a difficult one, but...if you had to pick a favourite part of Saving Francesca what would it be?

Jess: My favourite part was when everybody went to the school camp. It was relaxed, silly, but had a great amount of character growth especially in regards to Francesca and her love interest Will Trombal.

I think many of the characters saw Francesca in a different light after the camp as well which was good considering what she was going through in her personal life at the time. It was definitely a pivotal moment for her as a character.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8rkgkrpvw1r0z5ogo1_500.giff



♥  A big thank you to Jess for her book rec and for stopping by the blog! 

Love Jess' recommendation? Let her know via her Twitter here.






Have you read Saving Francesca? Did you connect with it?
What is your favourite book and what makes it special to you?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/cd2ddbe5fe95f9230c04a179a90e0bb3/tumblr_nr8now2JIO1qgwefso1_500.gif


Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...