Monday 23 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 8: Lunaty


Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Lunaty (a.k.a Samantha)


Lunaty is a New Zealand blogger who grew up with an instilled love for fantasy and fiction. She absolutely adores reading whenever she has a free moment. She runs the The Reading Nook NZ blog which reviews mainly fantasy and sci-fi books (both YA and NA), as well as any other book that catches her eye.

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Lunaty and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview



1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

It's funny, I never really considered myself a blogger and even now I sometimes get surprised when I receive comments on my reviews and think "hey someone is actually reading it". I started out reviewing books through Goodreads. Mainly because I needed a place to put down my thoughts and opinions after reading something incredible. As I became more invested in my reviews and found my way into Raveling's Elite team I decided it was time to branch out to other channels. New Zealand does not have a awful lot of reviewers and since we are a small nook in this world I thought up the name The Reading Nook NZ. Every one of us has a fave spot to plonk down with a book right?! Well this would be the spot ;)


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

   1. I am a bit of a language buff. I speak fluent Dutch , German and English and I love picking up little bits of other languages. I have always wanted to learn Latin or other languages long gone but have yet to do so.

   2. I have a diploma in figure skating and can play the piano (be it not that fantastic).

   3. My right ear sticks out more then my left...coincidentally that is also the side of my one dimple. ;)


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

I suppose blogging for me goes hand in hand with my reviewing which all comes down to creatively expressing my opinion.Though it is also great to read the books more consciously and being able to re-read notes and quotes after a particularly awesome read!


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

Getting in touch with some of my fave authors and fellow bloggers has probably been the most amazing of my blogging journey. Though every little bit of feedback is always a great boost as well!  


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

Now that is a loaded question. To me a book is beautiful if it has touched me profoundly in one way or another. Be it through humor, sadness love or imaginative story telling. Each author has something beautiful that shines through in their work but not every story has the same impact and it differs per each individual reader as well of course. 


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?  

I would collect a sh*tload of long shelf life food, try and find a gun and steal a big ass sail boat ( whilst quickly googling instructions on how to sail as the i-net is still working). Good luck to any zombies trying to swim out to my boat..


7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

Very dependent on my mood. But lets just say Jericho Barrons from Darkfever would be my pick (tonight at least.. seriously Barrons, I'll be all yours..) though Mad Rogan is up there as well...Ohh...or Kaleb from Psy Changeling...but then I cant leave out a Ash from the Iron Fey...or Julian from the Ondine Quartet...man this choice is killing me! 


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

That one funnily enough was easy, as I trolled through my 'read' list on good reads. Most relatable to me is Kendra from the Ondine Quartet. Her characteristics, struggles, reactions and growth really resonated with me and will always have a special place in my heart. 


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

I would LOVE to play Alice in an adaption of The Collectors Society. That would be a fantastic challenge. I would rock that! 
         

10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   


That I wish there was a mirror that would show me the people reading it ! It would be totally awesome to see the cool individuals who share my passion for books and enjoy the ramblings on there. You all rock (and probably need a bit of help too XD). 


A big thank you to Lunaty for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Lunaty via her: 
_____________________



Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

Day 1 | Day 2 Day 3 | Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 |


 _____________________



Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...