Friday 20 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 5: Kelly


Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Kelly


An Australian blogger, she's an avid young adult reader and a part of the team who run the Aussie YA Bloggers and Readers group. She has a strong preference for young adult dystopian novels set in post apocalyptic worlds with strong female protagonists. She runs the Diva Booknerd blog along with her fellow blogger Kynndra. The blog reviews mostly YA fiction, but also reviews Middle Grade, NA and Adult books on occasion.

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Kelly and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview


1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

It was almost three years ago now and originally I had called it Ramblings of a Diva Booknerd.  Yeah, it's a mouthful. I obviously shortened it later on. The name was just a split decision because I tried a few other names on Blogger and they all seemed to be taken. I was a member on Goodreads about six months prior and my husband encouraged me to start blogging. I think he was just trying to create nagging free gamer time to be honest.     


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

   1. I hate toast. 

   2. I can't sleep without wearing earplugs in my ears every night. 

   3. I don't drink coffee or alcohol. 


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

The community. I love being able to hop onto any social media outlet and automatically connect to other book lovers anywhere in the world. So many different countries and cultures, all sharing their love for the written word.


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

Finally finding a coblogger with Kynn. She's heaven sent that girl. And also seeing my review quotes featured on a few books.


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

Besides beautiful, lyrical writing, it would be realism. An emotional storyline that readers can relate to.


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?   

Find Daryl Dixon. Hide behind Daryl Dixon. Otherwise horde as many non perishables as possible and arm myself.


7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

Seeing that I'm married... But if you had to make me choose I'd pick Jack from Night Owls.         


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

Tess in C.J Duggan's Summer series. She reminds me so much of my own teen years.


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

Bloody hell, this is a hard one. Although it's already been done, I think I'd play a great Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. I'm a weirdo too.
         

10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   

Thank you. I appreciate each and every visit, every comment and every hello another book lover extends to me on social media. We all blog for ourselves, which is something I've always done, but knowing that someone else out there might discover a new and exciting read because of something I've said genuinely fills my heart with joy.


A big thank you to Kelly for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Kelly via her: 

_____________________


Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

Day 1 | Day 2 Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 |


 _____________________



Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me be part of the tag lovely. I had lots of fun and it's such a great way to thank the community for all.their support. I'd love to participate and share a few blogs too <3 Thank you so much for asking me poppet, it really was a privilege.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! Thank you for collaborating with me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...