Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 3: Cyra


Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Cyra


She's a 24 year old book blogger from South Dakota and enjoys books, photography, and Legend of Zelda. She runs the Rattle the Pages blog which focuses on mainly YA fiction, with the occasional NA/Adult/Middle Grade book.

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Cyra and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview


1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

I started my blog June 3rd, 2015. I was big into tumblr for awhile and I followed mostly people who talked books. Then I got twitter and followed mostly people who talked about books and blogging. And I decided that I needed a hobby and an outlet to talk about my own bookish feelings! The first book I reviewed on my blog was Throne of Glass and I really liked the 'rattle the stars' quote so that's where I came up with Rattle the Pages! I hate coming up with names for things, that actually took me a really long time!              


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

   1. In the 4th grade, I broke both of my arms (separately). I broke both bones in my right wrist when I fell rollerblading. Then I actually had to get it rebroken because it healed wrong. Then very shortly after I got that cast off, I was leaning on the back of a chair and it fell and I tried to catch myself and I fractured my left forearm. Like the bone bent and cracked, but didn't actually break. I spent all night with a broken arm before we finally went to the hospital. Moral of the story kids, don't put your arms out to catch yourself when you fall!   

   2. I almost had a sixth finger on my left hand.   

   3. Last summer, I binge watched the first ten seasons of Grey's Anatomy in a little over a month. Do you see why I needed a hobby?             


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

I love having a place to talk about books. I love being able to fangirl with other people who love the same books as me. I love being able to commiserate with the people who feel the same pain as I do over certain books. I love that I have found SO many amazing books and opportunities that I never would have otherwise found! I love all the friends I've made. I love it all!                


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

I think being asked to do this makes the top of my list! This totally made my day! Also, I did a tag on my blog once and one of the questions was something about when I started my blog and one girl who's blog I REALLY like commented on it and told me she thought I had been around forever. That made me feel really good about myself.


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

I'm a total cover buyer! I think that all books are beautiful because they're books and books are wonderful! But a beautiful cover is just the cherry on top! I love pretty covers! Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan is the most gorgeous cover that I can think of off the top of my head. If that cover gets changed for any reason and I can't own it in hardcover, I will cry.  


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?   

I honestly probably wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse. I'm not athletic in any sense of the word and I have terrible aim, not to mention I don't even know how to use a gun, so I would probably just be more of a burden than anything for anyone who would be stuck traveling with me. If worse came to worse, I would probably just end it myself before a zombie could nom on my brains. But maybe before that, I could stick it out in a bookstore and binge read all the books I can't bear to die before reading. 
              

7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

Liam Stewart. Easily. He's so sweet and polite and I'd just melt into a puddle if he ever called me Darlin'.            


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

I feel like I can relate a lot to Celaena Sardothien. I love her. She's so good! I mean, I'm definitely no world class assassin or anything like that, but I feel like we like a lot of the same things (shopping, pretty clothes, food [esp. chocolate], books). And I just can relate a lot to how she feels/thinks in a lot of the series, especially Pre-Endovier Celaena. Before she has all the heartache and responsibility and anger.      


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

If I could act in any book to movie adaptation, it would be The Darkest Minds. I would be Ruby because I want to kiss whatever hottie gets cast as Liam.               

10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   

I want to say THANK YOU and I LOVE you all! Thanks for making me feel like I'm not talking to myself on the internet!


A big thank you to Cyra for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Cyra via her: 
_____________________


Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

| Day 1Day 2 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 Day 13 |


 _____________________


Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...